In marketing it is common to hear – video is KING! But this isn’t just some catchy phrase. Video is what digital users are demanding as we move into 2020.
Social video consumption is at an all-time high. Consider these statistics*:
- Video consumption through mobile devices rises by 100% every year.
- 85% of Adults use multiple devices at the same time.
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it through video.
When it’s done right, video content can bring a better result than other types of social media. But the key phrase here is “done right” because yeah, you can do it wrong!
Social Media Today provided “best practices” when applying social video to your marketing strategy. Here are just a few of their tips:
- Make your videos entertaining! This results in a 97% increase in purchase intent from the user.
- Put the video on your landing page. Conversion rates increase by 80% when the content is placed on your landing page.
- Make your videos two minutes or less. 60% of viewers stop watching after the two-minute mark.
*Social Media Today
As we move into 2020, we are researching and refining the ways that we integrate video into our clients’ marketing strategies. It’s a fun, interactive way to engage the consumer and it helps keep our clients on top of the competition. For more great stats on video consumption, check out this article and infographic from Social Media Today!