By Laura DiCaprio
Last week Wahl Media’s Digital Strategist Katelyn Lugo presented an agency-wide tutorial on Snapchat. Katelyn manages the agency’s Snapchat campaigns and as the platform becomes more popular she wanted to update the team on current Snapchat facts and best practices.
- There are about 190 million active daily users worldwide
- To put this number into perspective, 1.62 billion people log onto Facebook daily (Source: Facebook 10/30/19)
- Primary audience is A18-24 (73% of this age group is in the U.S.)
- Secondary audience is A25-29 (59% of this age group is in the U.S.)
- Snapchat ad spending is projected to exceed $2.6 billion by 2021
- Snapchat caters to a younger demographic:
- 75% of Snapchat users are under 34 years old
- 90% of Snapchat users are 13-24 years old
- 61% of Snapchat users are female and 38% are male
- 20% of US College students use Snapchat
Along with the Snapchat quick facts and audience insights, Katelyn shared best practices when it comes to recommending and sticking with a budget, targeting capabilities, and creative requirements and recommendations. Thank you, Katelyn, we look forward to incorporating this channel into future media recommendations!